Wednesday, April 8, 2009

I've been debating exactly how much 80 pounds worth of stuff really is. It seems I want to bring every book in the world with me, and heavy boots, and a moderate amount of clothing, toiletries, and a couple electronics. I know exactly how many of my belongings I currently use, but that is over a three month period, not two years and three months.

Since I graduated from Smith last May, I've been living in three month or less segments, astonishingly enough it took me until today to realize this. While it's nice to have a change of scenery I tend to like to have a place to live and really live there, as opposed to my current state of glorified squatting.

The more difficult question is; what to do with everything else?

1 comment:

  1. dude... we're just glad you decided to let us babysit your cast iron skillet for two years.

    ...and we're assuming the same thing for your tea-kettle. hm. maybe i shouldn't've mentioned that one until you were out of the country. anywho, i still make a point to listen to it sing for a good few seconds before taking it off. made me miss you tonight mid-coffee-making.


    also, your bed might actually become useful as a "guest room" for a few months. so yes. there are at least some people who <3 your leftover stuffs. reduce-recycle-REUSE!!

    ReplyDelete